OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY SERVICES :
- Review of existing Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
- Auditing of Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
- Development of new Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
- Development of Safety Management System Audit Tools
- Legislative Compliance Reviews
- Development of Company Policies, Safe Work Procedures and Guidance Material
- Development of OHS Strategic Plans
- Development of Site OHS Management Plans
- Development of Principal Mining Hazard Management Plans
- Conducting Principal Mining Hazard Risk Assessments
- Project and Whole of Mine Risk Assessments
- Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Materials Audits
- Confined Space Entry Course (2 Days)
- Safe Working at Heights Course (1 Day)
- Conduct Incident Investigation Course (2 Days)
- Apply Risk Management Processes Course (2 Days)
- Supervisor Leadership and Safety Awareness Courses (client specific courses)
Overview of Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
An Occupational Health and Safety Management System for a mine is the primary means of ensuring the safe operation of a mine. It brings together a number of procedures and policies to ensure it is comprehensive enough to suit the risks and complexity of the mine operations.
It is a tool that enables a mine operator to follow a process that will assist them in systematically achieving and maintaining the required level of legislative compliance and demonstrates that processes and systems are in place to manage workplace hazards and risks.
While most mines have safety-related policies, plans and processes in place, the Occupational Health and Safety Management System ties all the elements together into an integrated system to effectively manage the risks to the health and safety of all employees. It is important the employer and Mine Manager combines all aspects of safety into a single integrated system to ensure there are no gaps and that all elements work in a coordinated manner.
Training & Information
To book your business into one of our training courses, please give us a call or email us to discuss your needs, number of attendees and the type of business you are running. This will help us to determine which course best suits you.